"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Friday, May 20, 2011

How This Blog Came to Be

So why am I setting up a blog with Bible reflections? Well, as Lent was started this year, I decided to recommit myself to my daily Bible reading. Knowing myself though, I knew that if I had no accountability, I would quickly fall back into bad habits of spotty reading, so I decided to set-up some accountability. Initially I began by texting my reflections each morning to a few friends. Knowing that they would be holding me accountable did the trick. As I shared what I was doing, some other friends asked to be included. Since I do all this from my bed and I don't keep my laptop nearby my friends who don't text were left out.

As you can see, I have broken down, and in a couple of days when I start a new book of the Bible, I will shift to this blog instead of texting. Now all the world can see what I am thinking as I read the Bible...and hopefully some lively conversations will ensue. Feel free to comment. I don't claim to have it all right and this is an opportunity for us all to grow in relationship and understanding of God.

Don't expect too much organization as we go through the Bible. I randomly choose books as I feel led and have done the book of Ephesians twice since Lent started. But, once I select a book, I do go through it, one chapter a day. When we are getting close to the end of a book, feel free to suggest one for next...you may be the way God is telling me where to go next.

Anyway, welcome and come share this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment