"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ephesians 5 - How to Live Life

Do you ever wonder what you should do in life? Which is the right action to take? What path will be blessed by God? This chapter gives us some great wisdom. 
1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
Imitate God...that is a tall order. The easiest way to look at this is to consider Christ and his actions and do likewise. Even, them, we will find ourselves failing, but the goal and the bar are set. We can always look to what Jesus did,,,how he treated others, the actions he took.

Live a life filled with love...each day we have choices and if we choose love, we will be happer and healthier ourselves and see stronger relationships around us. Anger has no place is a life of joy. Righteous anger can be life-changing for a moment, but love will pave the way to true life.
 10 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord.
Be thoughtful in your choices. Rash decisions can lead down paths you don't wish to go on. Take the time and think about your words and your actions. 
13 But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them, 14 for the light makes everything visible.
I love this concept. It always reminds me that if I don't want to share what I am thinking or about to do or what I have done, I may want to rethink it. Things do come to the light and you will do better if those things are ones you will be fine with others knowing. I always think of it this way...if I wouldn't tell my mother about it, maybe I shouldn't even do it.
16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.
This verse always reminds me not to live in fear. It is important to seize opportunities. Don't be bogged down in  fears, or worries. Seize each blessing and door that God places on your journey.

Oh, there are plenty of others verses in the Bible that tell us how to live and plenty more in this chapter (I recommend you read the rest), but I love how this chapter is chock full of good nuggets. Maybe today is the day to pick one and memorize it and apply it to your life. See if you are living life as God intended!

No comments:

Post a Comment