"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Numbers 1 - What Kind of Warrior Are You?

I think I am possibly feeling crazy that I would choose the book of Numbers next...but I guess it will be interesting to see what God has in store for me there...and possibly you too.

So here I am starting on this new book and the first chapter talks about registering the warriors...and my first thought is that the draft is Biblical...lol.

But on a serious not, what stood out to me was that eleven of the tribes were recorded for physical warfare and the twelfth tribe was set aside for spiritual warfare. Look at what it says about the Levites:
53 But the Levites will camp around the Tabernacle of the Covenant to protect the community of Israel from the Lord’s anger. The Levites are responsible to stand guard around the Tabernacle.
This tribe was selected to stand guard in the spiritual realm and surround the temple, the holy place where God was dwelling among them and protect the community from God's anger. Now I admit that needing a guard against God's anger sounds a little scary but  I see there method of guarding as keeping the people spiritually focused. There job was to build relationship between the nation of Israel and God. They were the ones who spoke to God and spoke to the people on God's behalf. At that time, the nation of Israel was still learning obedience and God was disciplining them. This, of course, was God's way of loving them and building them into the nation of people that God had created them to be.

So bring this into today. There are still people who are counted and called to serve in a physical fighting force to stand between us and others nations that might to fight on a physical level. There are also people who are called to fight the spiritual battle. So have you thought about your calling? As a warrior in the army of Christ, does God use you to physically protect the children of God or spiritually? Or are you even in the battle?

I know I will be meditating on that today, and I invite you to join me. I know that God has used me in the spiritual realm as a prayer warrior and an advocate of love to fight against the evil that encroaches there, but where am I actually in the battle today? Am I on active duty or in reserve? Am I in the tent being healed or going through more training?

If you want to share your thoughts, as always, comment away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment