"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Esther 4 - Seeking God

Have you ever been asked to do something that you were afraid to? This was Esther's situation. Her people were going to be in trouble and she was being asked to risk her life. At first she only sees the danger and points it out but after she decides to risk everything to try and save the Jews. What I like most about her response is that she asks to be prayed for and commits to fast and pray before she takes the risk.

I have to air that sometimes when I walk into risks, I forget to include God and pray. I forget that God has the ultimate control and it will be God's will, not my own that will be done. I wish I had the humility of Esther to seek God first. I hVe a feeling my success rate would go up. What about you? Do you remember to submit to God before you take a risk? Do you, like I need to grow in this area?

Let's pray for each other that we will both submit to God in all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment