"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Revelation 21 - God in Person

Do you know the joy of God living in your heart? Can you imagine how much better it will be to live in God's presence? This is why verse 3 caught my attention. It reads, "I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying,'Look God's home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.'"

Among other thongs, God is my friend and when I read this verse, I imagine walking and talking with God just as I do with other friends. I can see the conversation traveling from topic to topic, sometimes deep and serious and sometimes with some joking around. To me this is the next step from Jesus dwelling here on earth. This allowed us to understand Fod better and relate to God. But seeing God face to face will be the culmination of that. The other thing it reminds me of is the Joan Osborne song, "One of us". Not that I can imagine God as having the flaws that we have, but that at this time, we will be who God has created us to be fully and will be more like God. The intimacy will be amazing and we will feel like we can talk and even joke with God. Are you ready for that intimacy with God? Why not start building it today? God wants to be our all in all, both meeting all our needs and being our best friend. Why not talk to God just as you would your best friend? I tend to point out when I think God is putting humor in my life, through circumstances. Accepting that we are modeled after God, we should expect God to have a sense of humor...and the other character traits we see all around us.

Today, try treating God like your best friend and sharing inside jokes with God. God wants to be and is ready to be that best friend and companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment