"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Revelation 11 - Persistent God

Why does God send prophets to speak to a world for 1260 days when the world is filled stubborn and evil people who have proved they aren't listening to God?

Let's consider all that has gone on before this point.  There have been plagues and disasters. God has certainly made an effort to get the attention of the people of the Earth. And now God sends messengers to speak truth about the condition of the world and the love of the Lord. Why does God do this for a stiff-necked people? The answer is love. God loves us, the Lord's created children, so much that God keeps trying. God is persistent and always hopeful that just one more will hear God's voice and choose God.

In spite of the fact that at this point in the end times, people have had many opportunities to repent, God keeps providing chances. Not because God wants to be harsh or make life difficult for people, but because the Lord wants to save then and bring them into God's eternal Kingdom.

Have you ever known someone whose love is so persistent? I often think of my parent's love for me. I don't always make the choices they would wish me to, but their love persists. They have always welcomed me home, no matter what my condition. They have also pointed me to my Lord and Savior and guided my to the greatest gift they could, a saving relationship with Jesus. Many a parent is seen standing by their child even when their child has done wrong and the world is against them. God's love is like that!

Lord, help me that I too will show that love towards others in my life. That I can love with a persistent love and be patient with those you surround me with. Help me to continually show you face to those I meet and care about. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment