"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Esther 6 - God Steps In

I love this chapter because it reminds me that God can step into any circumstance and make things happen according to God's will. Here we have Haman plotting to kill Mordecai before Esther makes her request to the King and God gives Xerxes sleeping issues and pushes him to be reminded of what Mordecai has done for him.

Furthermore, I appreciate the irony of the situation that God sets up. King Xerxes asks Haman opinion of how to reward a man who pleases the king. Haman answers assuming that King Xerxes means him and basically gets to dictate the reward that Mordecai, who he wants to assassinate, will get and is ordered to make it happen.

Just another example of God's sense of humor and God's divine ability to make things happen.

This is a good reminder that we can't and don't have to do everything that God needs. God is perfectly capable of handling all things, It is just our privilege that God uses us and allows us to be a part of God's plan. But of course God can't use us if we do not open ourselves and make ourselves available to God.

Today, I plan to notice God working around me. Not just through other people, but God doing God's work. I invite you to join me and I would love to hear about your observations, so feel free to comment and share your testimony of God moving in the world around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment