"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Sunday, July 24, 2011

2 Corinthians 12 - Unconditional Love

As I was reading, verse 15 caught my eye. It reads "I will gladly spend myself and all I have for you, even though it seems that the more I love you, the less you love me." Have you ever felt this love toward someone? You probably have if you are a parent...at some stage in your child's life because all children seem to have a rebellious stage at some point. The bigger question is whether you have felt someone has had this level of love for you. Have you? Has someone ever loved you and your return on that love leaves them feeling like you are not returning that love and in fact that you are growing more distant?

Sadly, I think that could be said of me. I am certainly not proud of it but I hope I am not still making anyone feel that way. Love is a tricky thing though and love has many forms. Sometimes the form of love you feel for a person is a different form than they desire you to feel for them. This can be a difficult situation and you may never be able to help them see your love for them because it doesn't look like that person wants it to. There is no simple solution but to speak the truth of your love to that person in a gentle way, trying to respect the place they are at.

But on the more positive side, we should be trying to show God's love to everyone we meet and therefore help each person to feel loved. Give the love of God freely for it has an unlimited supply and is the greatest love we have to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment