"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Esther 8 - Restoration

This chapter continues the theme of restoration and God's care. The thing is that Mordecai and Esther could have given up many times. It was their persistence that allowed God to bring restoration. Funny that I read this before my morning run...I have just upped my distance and this morning I was trying to cut down my time/pace. I kept thinking that it would be easier to stop and give up, but I kept remembering the persistence that Esther and Mordecai showed in the face of what could be very discouraging circumstances. I kept convincing myself that I could run just a little farther. I set mini-goals and each time I got close to one, I decided I could run just a little farther. Eventually, I found myself at the end of my run, having gone the distance.

How often have you given up on something? Would you persistence have given God the chance to operate in the situation and demonstrate love and grace in that situation? Can you run just a little longer and see if you can make it a little bit farther? Take a few more steps and see what God has around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment