"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 Corinthians 3 - Would God get the job?

What kind of recommendation would you give for God if someone called and asked? Would you have wonderful things to say about God? Now, what if your life was God's recommendation, what would it say? Would people looking at your life be interested in God and wanting God around, or would they decide not to interview God further?

Verse 2 reads, "The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you." Paul was speaking to the fact that the lives the people in the Corinthian church were living was a letter of recommendation for Paul and how he had brought them to Christ. But how much more are we a letter of God's work. Just as verse 18b says, "...And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." But this only happens when we open ourselves to God and allow God to mold us.

So today, I plan to look through my heart and see those areas where I am allowing God to have control and mold me...and see what areas I am holding back and reflect on what my life looks like to someone who might want to know Jesus. Will they be encouraged to get to know God, or are those areas where I reflect myself instead of God going to send them looking elsewhere?

I want to be a strong letter of recommendation for God. I would like to think that others' would look at the way I live my life and say they want to know the people that shaped me...my parents and God. What about you? What does you life say about God? What strengths of God's does it speak of? What weaknesses of your might people think God has based on your life? Take the time today to examine yourself and think about your life as a letter of recommendation...would God get the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment