"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Psalm 5 - Finding God's Path

This morning, I am feeling verse 8, "Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow."

It is actually the second part that catches me...make your way plain for me to follow. As I am meditating on that, I keep thinking, we yes, God does, but it is everything I let pile into my life that gets in the way and hides where God is telling me to go. The Bible is so clear about how we should act and the purpose of our life. We sometimes want God to fill in details about which activity, job, friends, to connect to, but often, the different options can all lead to God's path. The real issue is that we let other things cloud our vision. We can get caught up in fears and worries, worldly distractions, having fun, busyness, and...you name it.

I think it is rare that God hasn't given us just the information we need. The problem is that we block it with all these other things, or sometimes it doesn't look like what we are expecting or wanting it to look like and we just can't see it.

That becomes most apparent to me when I am sharing struggles with a friend and they so quickly point out what is probably very obvious to them and it resonates with my spirit. I am left wondering how I couldn't see it, but knowing it is truth. Of course I can then see how my fears were blocking my vision, or busyness had prevented me from wading in.

Maybe this is a message for me to slow down, because currently, I think busyness is what stops me from seeing God's path fully. I have moments of clarity, but then, they can be so easily lost in the day to day activities.

This sounds silly, but I am realizing that I need to schedule a little time with nothing....a time to listen and follow where God is directing. As I write this, I know that I have been neglecting some friendships that God clearly led me to. This weekend, I need to make that reconnect phone call. God wants us to have a full, abundant life, but not a reckless race to accomplish more...more...more....

Take a little time today (or this weekend) to see God's path and follow it!

P.S. I would ask my readers to pray for my mother and the group she is leading down to Honduras this week on a short term mission trip. If you are interested in trip updates (and you aren't getting them directly from her, let me know and I will gladly pass them on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment