"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Friday, July 8, 2011

Esther 10 - Good Deeds

I want to start with an apology...I have had some computer issues and have been using my morning time to try and fix them...and hallelujah, yesterday I finally did.

As I read this chapter, I started to see similarities between Mordecai and Joseph. Both did things for a king which resulted in their elevation to a position of influence that allowed them to protect the Jewish people. As I thought about this, I also considered that neither of them seem to have done these things with the motivation of gaining power. They were motivated by doing the right thing and helping other people...being instruments of and for God.

What about the good deeds we do? If you are like me, I am sure their is a mix of those that are motivated by kindness and those that are motivated by hope of what you will get in return. It seems like an obvious answer if we pose the question about which God can use in a more powerful way...but the truth is that when we do things without selfish ambition of desire for a certain outcome, God has more room to operate. Also, when we have developed a habit of doing right and kindness, we will see those returned to us...in ways beyond what we could imagine. You never know what kindness you do will influence another. It may be what sparks them to do a kindness for some one else, or it may be that they come to respect you and allow you to have influence over other decisions and events.

Today, begin a habit of righteous kindness. Open yourself as an instrument to God and see how God uses you!

No comments:

Post a Comment