"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Friday, August 5, 2011

Psalm 11 - Trust in the Lord

"I trust in the Lord for protection. So why do you say to me, “Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety!" verse 1.

There are two things that I love about this verse. The first is the strong statement, I trust in the Lord for protection. There is no provisions attached, just trust. Can you say that today, with no reservations? Hopefully you can, but I know that there are some days when I might be able to say the words but my heart isn't fully there. Others days, I mean those words more than anything else and occasionally, I can even get myself to say them. It is a part of my human weakness that at times vacillates from full trust in the Lord, but fortunately God loves me in the middle of my weakness.

The other thing I love about this verse is the reminder of the importance of advisers that know the Lord. Here David questions the advice of someone near to him who is telling him to run to the hills for protection. David is reminding this person that he trusts in the Lord for protection. Man is not who David takes direction from, and his goal is to follow the Lords counsel. For this reason, I am reminded that it is important to have counselors that will rely on the Lord.

I am actually having trouble writing beyond that idea because, while I know I have counselors who are tight with God, I also have those who aren't. I guess I need to pray about that one a little bit...

On a Honduras note, things are going well with the team and they were able to minister with the seniors but ask for your prayers for the seniors health.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment