"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Psalm 19 - Who is Your Rock?

Maybe because I talked about it yesterday or maybe I am just aware of my imperfections...but I find that what I saw in the passage today wAs David's plea for God's help to stay clean. A daily plea of mine. Let's look at this verse, Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. (Psalm 19:13 NLT)

David recognizes that our humanity makes us weak and we are prone to sin. He knows that left on our own, we will fail, so he is relying on God. How about you? Areyou relying on God or your own strength? Too often in my life, I have found myself relying on my strength...and I will you can guess how that turns out. Now lately I have been better at relying on God. Amen. It is amazing how much better that works out! How are you doing these days? Who is your rock? God? Yoursek? Another person? Turn your eyes to God and walk into God's strength and you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment