"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Psalm 17 - Is God enough?

So when you look around at the world today, do you see the wicked prosper? Do you see the good suffer? How do you feel about that?

Certainly David spent a great deal of his life running from Saul who wanted to kill David and on a number of occasions David questioned how long God would allow this to go on.


But what I love the most about this psalm is that David ends with, "Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied." (verse 15). He says that being face to face with God will satisfy. He doesn't know the course of his days or what outcomes will befall him, but David knows that God's presence is enough.

Is that enough for you? Are you willing to live with and deal with situations that feel unjust, knowing that in the end you will be face to face with God? Is that enough for you?

If we don't take a long-sighted interpretation of this, is it enough for you to wake up each morning to see God's face in creation around you? Is that enough? Can you actually see it?

I will be pondering this today and invite you to join me. For me, I know the answer is yes....at least 9 out of 10 days. I have my moments where I want to see only the good prosper and I question what God is doing, but I have definately lived through seasons where, yes, waking up to see God's face was enough!

Nothing can shake that!

No comments:

Post a Comment