"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Psalm 23 - Comfort of God

Of course since yesterday was Psalm 22, today would be psalm 23...and yet it crept up on me and surprised me. But it comes at a wonderful time. This past week (plus) I have been struggling with strep, going through multiple antibiotics and just yesterday finally seeing the better side of the mountain. Also, I feel at a crossroads with some decision as to whether to give 100% to a particular opportunity. It will mean letting some other things go, but anything less than 100% is not embracing the opportunity...and of course it impacts other people as well.

So this morning I was doing a lot of thinking and praying, and then I turned to the Bible app on my iPod to read today's scripture and it was the 23rd Psalm.

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
      I have all that I need.
 2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
      he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    3 He renews my strength.
   He guides me along right paths,
      bringing honor to his name.
 4 Even when I walk
      through the darkest valley,[a]
   I will not be afraid,
      for you are close beside me.
   Your rod and your staff
      protect and comfort me.
 5 You prepare a feast for me
      in the presence of my enemies.
   You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
      My cup overflows with blessings.
 6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
      all the days of my life,
   and I will live in the house of the Lord
      forever.

Yes, this is the perfect day for the reminder that the Lord is my shepherd. God cares for me and will guide me to good places. Places where I can be nourished in body, mind, and spirit. That God will protect me, even from the scary places that I fear to go. Whether those places are physical or in my mind. And i love the last verse, "Surely your goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life and I will live in the house of the Lord, forever." (emphasis mine). To be pursued by God's goodness and love. I receive it through God's effort, not my own...through God's character, not my own.

The best part about this is that God isn't just my shepherd, God is YOUR shepherd. God is leading YOU to places of peace. God walks close beside YOU in all the difficult places that you are in. God overflows YOU will God's blessings and will bring YOU rest!

So, now I walk into my morning with God's comfort and peace. I hope you can too! Wherever life leads me, if I am true to God, than I will end up in the right places.

No comments:

Post a Comment