"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Psalm 16 - David's Certainty

After yesterday's psalm, this one is a good sequel. We don't know if they were written in this order, but yesterday David leaves us with the impossible list, but today, David shouts out with certainty that he will be accepted by God into God's eternal presence.

Let's look at verses 9 - 11, "No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."

David knows that God will not let his soul die. God will grant David the joy of the Lord's presence. I think it is also notable that David acknowledges that this is something that God grants, not something David earns. As yesterday's psalm with the impossible list (and the 10 commandments) remind us, none is perfect and can earn this place in God's presence, we must all rely on a gift from God.

Do you have the certainty of David? If you don't, I recommend you search the scriptures for those verses that speak to you about your salvation. Write them on your heart so that you too may walk in the assurance that David walks in. Do you have a particular verse that assures you? Feel free to share it right here for everyone!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment