"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Monday, August 15, 2011

Psalm 20 - Prayer

Well I was having this nightmare last night. In the nightmare, I am being chased by an indestructible being that I can't outrun or damage. There is someone else in the room that I am trying to protect, and I am trying all kinds of unconventional methods....pencil lead, water, trying to determine what this creatures weakness is. As I am waking up, I start to think about God and the cross...sorry I didn't get to test it out.

So I open up Psalm 20 and read verse 1, "In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm."

Why didn't I turn to God first in my nightmare? Why didn't I cry out to God first? Instead, I was trying to solve my own problem with everything I could thing of. I know it was just a dream, but I have a feeling that if I was habitually turning to God first in my life for solutions, that my unconscious would follow that habit. Obviously this is something I need to work on.

Also, I am thinking the indestructible creature is the strep infection I have which is not responding to the antibiotic. Now I have had been tell me they are praying for my healing, but I realize that I have not requested that healing from God myself. I am relying on medicine. This is really stupid because my history with antibiotics is not stellar and I have had to go through multiple ones before to find that one that knocks out an infection.

But the bottom line is, I need to pray. Do you ever forget that step? Amazing that a nightmare could remind me of that and then have it conformed in my scripture reading....so although I have woken up late and need to get ready for work, I first need to pray.

Don't forget this step when you need healing or answers or help...nothing is indestructible and the name of the God of Jacob can protect you!

No comments:

Post a Comment