"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Psalm 27 - Two Thoughts

So this morning I want to quickly comment on two thoughts I had from reading this psalm.

So what is your greatest desire? Take a moment and consider it. What do you seek after most? Where does your energy and attention lie? David gives us his in verse 4:

"The one thing I ask of the Lord
      the thing I seek most—
   is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
      delighting in the Lord’s perfections
      and meditating in his Temple."


The Lord is David's focus. Actually this should come as no surprise since the Bible records so many songs David has written for the Lord. Certainly God is the focus of much of David's creative work.

Now how often is God operating on the time schedule that you want? Reading verse 14 reminded me that God created time, God is not bound by it.

"Wait patiently for the Lord.
      Be brave and courageous.
      Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."

I admit that often I want things to happen in my time frame. I want that new job right now, I want the trial to end and situations to be redeemed right now.  But God is working for my good and that includes growing me in patience and faith. That means that things can not happen on my time schedule. Things happen when God knows it is best. For God these things happen in the blink of an eye...it is just us that our bound by time that feel the wait. But be patient on the Lord because God knows when is best and blessings work best when God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment