"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Psalm 38 - The Sin Sick Soul

Have you ever been so aware of your sin that it overwhelms you? You know that you have sinned beyond your ability to repair it nag you are overrun by guilt? When this has happened toe my stomach churns, I can't eat, it fills my thoughts and I welcome God's punishment because somehow I feel like living through the consequences can fix it, yet at the same time I beg God to fix it all and remove the consequences from me. It is a very strange thing to want to receive punishment nut also to have it lifted.

Clearly when David wrote this he was experiencing a sin sick soul. He knew he had sinned greatly nag the guilt of it weighed on him and he was also feeling physically I'll from the strain. In the midst of all this he was still waiting on God knowing that God's grace and mercy were the only things that could fix this situation.

As I consider all this I am reminded of a song from the movie Eragon, hearing it as a song about God and myself. I need to keep holding on and I can do that with God at my side...I can fight and defend against anything Satan sends and I can stay strong because God is always here for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment